Jacksonville’s Expert Forensic Accounting & Litigation CPA Firm
Litigation and forensic matters involving complex cases require specific expertise by professionals with extensive experience in providing highly specialized services. Our litigation and forensic specialists have been providing litigation support services throughout the United States, Bermuda and the Dominican Republic for over 25 years. Our professionals include Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE), and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) experts. These professional designations demonstrate that our CPA staff is proficient with the highest standards in the industry. We use the latest forensic techniques to independently assess each matter. We then determine the most important issues that should be investigated and analyzed, including the application of and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and generally accepted auditing standards (“GAAS”).
H&A CPA accounting professionals have the knowledge and experience to understand and interpret complex financial, accounting and auditing issues. We know how to distill each issue into easily an understood presentation for litigators, juries, judges, arbitrators, and other representatives of the court. We have more than 25 years of hands-on litigation support experience with accounting, financial reporting and auditing. Also, we regularly provide consulting, litigation and expert witness services regarding financial matters, damages, and accounting malpractice.
These litigation support matters have involved allegations, including, for instance, non-compliance with GAAS by local, regional and international accounting firms, misleading financial reporting by corporate financial executives, failure to properly use GAAP in the preparation of financial statements, and an outline of damages caused by such failures. In connection with these matters, our firm is frequently been retained to:
- Research, analyze and explain the application of complex accounting principles and compliance with GAAP, including SEC financial reporting requirements
- Prepare economic models and financial analysis to evaluate and/or calculate damages
- Investigate asset misappropriation
- Review and analyze auditor documentation and consider compliance with GAAS
- Investigate allegations of auditor failure to detect fraudulent financial reporting
- Consider auditor compliance with AICPA or SEC independence and ethics standards
- Prepare expert reports
- Provide expert testimony
- Review, analyze and rebut reports of opposing experts
- Assist legal counsel with discovery requests and deposition preparation
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting, including compliance with related aspects of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Evaluate compliance with federal and state tax regulations
Many of our firm’s leading professionals are former partners or senior managers of “Big Four” and other international accounting and consulting firms. They have extensive, executive-level financial reporting and controllership experience in private industry, including SEC financial reporting experience. The breadth and depth of our experience enables us to understand highly complex financial and accounting matters and communicate clearly in potentially adverse settings. Hammock & Associates CPA has been key participants in significant complex litigation matters for decades.