Expert Forensic Accounting and Litigation CPA Firm
Litigation and forensic matters involving complex cases require the expertise of professionals that have extensive experience in providing these highly specialized services. The litigation and forensic specialists of Hammock & Associates have been providing litigation support services throughout the United States, Bermuda and the Dominican Republic for over 20 years. The firm’s professionals that provide these complex services are Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE), and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF). These professional designations demonstrate that our professionals are proficient with professional standards and the latest forensics techniques and are able to independently assess each matter and determine the important issues that should be investigated and analyzed including the application of and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and generally accepted auditing standards (“GAAS”). Hammock & Associates accounting professionals have both the knowledge and experience to understand and interpret complex financial, accounting and auditing issues and distill them into easily understood presentations for litigators, juries, judges, arbitrators, and other representatives of the court. Our professionals have 20 years of hands-on litigation support experience with accounting, financial reporting and auditing and they regularly provide consulting, litigation and expert witness services regarding financial matters, damages, and accounting malpractice.
These litigation support matters have involved allegations including non-compliance with GAAS by local, regional and international accounting firms, misleading financial reporting by corporate financial executives, failure to properly use GAAP in the preparation of financial statements, and damages caused by such failures. In connection with these matters, the firm has frequently been retained to:
- Research, analyze and explain the application of complex accounting principles and compliance with GAAP, including SEC financial reporting requirements
- Prepare economic models and financial analysis to evaluate and/or calculate damages
- Investigate asset misappropriation
- Review and analyze auditor work paper documentation and consider compliance with GAAS
- Investigate allegations of auditor failure to detect fraudulent financial reporting
- Consider auditor compliance with AICPA or SEC independence and ethics standards
- Prepare expert reports
- Provide expert testimony
- Review, analyze and rebut reports of opposing experts
- Assist legal counsel with discovery requests and deposition preparation
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting, including compliance with related aspects of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Evaluate compliance with federal and state tax regulations
Many of our firm’s key professionals are former partners or senior managers of Big Four and other international accounting and consulting firms. They have extensive, executive level financial reporting and controllership experience in private industry, including SEC financial reporting experience. The breadth and depth of our experience enables us to understand highly complex financial and accounting matters and communicate clearly in potentially adverse settings. Hammock & Associates has been key participants in significant complex litigation matters for over 20 years.